When our committee members are not doing the serious and hard work for the club, many of them can be found out playing in their own blues bands or out supporting others.
No committee member receives any compensation, all are volunteers.
The Auckland Blues Club does what it can to help make blues events happen and be successful.
If you are interested in helping us achieve these aims, you don't have to be a musician, or in a band, maybe you just want to learn about or listen to the blues and have fun, you should join the club.
The Committee includes the offices of:
President: Sean McCarthy
In this office, the President shall:
- Preside as Chairperson of all meetings, or appoint a proxy as determined in the rules of the Club’s constitution.
- During the course of the meetings preserve order and discipline and ensure that the generally accepted practices and procedures as to conduct and rule of debates are observed.
- Assist the other Officers in the general running of the Club’s business and affairs.
Vice-President: This office is currently vacant.
In this office, the Vice President shall:
- Assume the duties of President, during the absence of the President.
- Assist the President as required.
Secretary: David Cheetham
In this office, the Secretary shall:
- Take minutes of all meetings and after recording the same in writing, present them to the next meeting for approval.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Carry out all administrative duties and make any arrangements as directed by the Committee in meeting.
- Assist the Treasurer in handling the financial aspects of the Club’s affairs.
- Keep an up to date register of Members.
- Make all necessary arrangements for registration of new Members.
Treasurer: Doug Bygrave
In this office, the Treasurer shall:
- Receive all funds for the Club and handle them as laid down in these rules.
- Issue all receipts for the Club.
- Present to the Committee an accurate monthly statement of all Income and Expenditure for the Club.
- Keep all necessary books of account.
- Ensure that, along with the Secretary, all accounts once approved are paid.
- Draw up the Annual Accounts in the prescribed form for presentation (when duly audited) to the Annual General Meeting.
Other Committee Members: Mark Foster, Bryan Glamazena, Gary Morris, Paul Smith and Greer Wilcox.